Friday, October 28, 2011

peru earthquake

  • Question:-Anyone know where I can find list of deaths in Peru earthquake?
    I'm looking to find the names of the people who died in the earthquake in Peru yesterday. Some family of mine lives right where the earthquake occured, and I need to know if they're alright.

    Answer:-Hotline to find out who are the victims:
    If you're in Peru 0-800-10828
    If your in another country (00 511) 315-6600, ext. 2788
    Hope this helps
  • Question:-Peru had an earthquake on August 16th,would that cause the northern fault lines in California to rupture?
    I'm no scientist, but because Peru had an earthquake, would that put more pressure on the fault lines north, up the coast and eventually cause major earthquakes on the coast of California? Didn't California have a small earthquake just recently and wasn't there predictions of a major earthquake on the San Andreas Fault line made on CNN just a few days ago? Shouldn't people be made more aware of this possibility?

    Answer:-Not really, the earthquake is a relieving of the pressure on an area of the fault, it shouldn't have a major effect on other areas.

    Generally a part of the fault line which is subject to Earthquakes, but has not had one for years is most at risk. There are instances where a fault has been dormant for a long time {Indonesia recently} and it is subject to several fairly major shocks.However when the stress is relieved is not predictable, although sometimes pre-shocks are detected.

    In summary; go move to the center of a tectonic plate.
  • Question:-How many deaths exactly happened in the Peru earthquake on July 18th?
    I was just wondering, cause I used to live near there so it kinda worried me how hard it struck. So, yeah.

    Answer:-510 so far
  • Question:-What is best water purification tablet. Travelling to Peru with earthquake relief items.?
    I have been recommended RediClor, but people in Peru requested Helaxon.
    Helaxon more expensive and does not last long, I've been told.
    Travelling this Fri,Aug24 am. Need answer asap!
    Any recommendations about internet store?
    I need to stretch my money and buy best option, but good one too.
    Thank you!

    Answer:-You can contact peruvian embassy.
    Try on :
    http://www.peruvianembassy.us
  • Question:-how much tsunami warning would residents of southeastern Japan have if a strong earthquake struck the Peru—Chi?
    Assuming the alarm was raised immediately, how much tsunami warning would residents of southeastern Japan have if a strong earthquake struck the Peru—Chile Trench?

    Answer:-Between 8-12 hours.
  • Question:-Who else was in the earthquake in Peru in august 07?
    Just wondering?

    I was in the province of Ica (epicenter of the quake)

    How did you feel?

    And also do you sometimes feel like the ground is shaking even when its not?

    Answer:-no one that i know..
  • Question:-Do you think that the second collapse of the mine in Utah had anything to with the earthquake in Peru?
    And if so what do you think is going on with the stability of the earth itself?
    Just wanted to make sure everyone realizes that Peru is on the same planet as Utah!!!

    Answer:-Aftershocks in an unstable mine are not tectonic in nature (earth crust moving). Not enough energy from the Peru quake would make it that far north, or else it would have triggered a lot of quakes in Cali as well.

    I have a theory that the melting ice caps are redistributing such a large mass of water around the planet that the poles are undergoing tectonic rebound, causing stress at plate boundaries around the world. IT'S aTHEORY (for whoever wishes to argue the point) but I think I am going to watch quake frequency for the next few years.
  • Question:-How do I find orphans from The Huaraz Earthquake of 1970, in Peru? Where would I find a list?
    My husband had family living in Yungay or Huaraz in 1970. They never found his cousins, children who may have been at the Circus during the Earthquake and eventual landslide. Does anyone know who would have a list of survivors from this disaster? Alot of the children were sent to Europe for adoption, but I don't know where to. Are there any good websites for this kind of thing?

    Answer:-It is very difficult to access to a list of orphans (if there is actually one) The only thing I can think of is to actually visit Yungay (the new town) and start asking the local authorities. Just remember that when the earthquake happened, the government was run by militars who may or may not have sent the orphans omewhere else. The best thing would be to contact people who lived there at the time, and local authorities now in Yungay or in Huaraz. Websites? I dont think so, these things are very delictae to post online.
    Good luck!
  • Question:-Do you think that the second collapse of the mine in Utah had anything to do with the earthquake in Peru?
    And if so what do you think is going to happen to the stability of the earth itself?
    Just wanted to make sure that everyone does realize that Peru is in the same planet as Utah!!!
    They have been calling it a sizemic bump on the news.

    Answer:-Possibly, the tectonic plates are very large, I dont hink Utah felt any seismic waves though, so I dont think that is the cause of the mine collapse.
  • Question:-If you could prevent either an earthquake in Peru that would kill 40,000 people,...?
    a crash at your local airport that would kill 200 people, or an automobile accident that would kill an acquaintance of yours, which would you choose?

    Answer:-Wow that's really tough. I would never want to kill anybody I know or have anything happen to them, so I'd have to go with that, number "3" so to say.

    Not that I don't care about Peru or the local airport, but if they are people I don't really know and never met what does it have to do with me or my loved ones? You don't know if the people at the local airport were unkind or even people who destroyed themselves and I don't live in Peru.

No comments:

Post a Comment