Friday, October 21, 2011

act

  • Question:-**************ACT**************?
    I took the ACT last April and did good on the reading portion but not so great on the math. I recently took it again. Can you combine scores of different tests to get a better composite score for colleges to look at?

    Answer:-It matter which college you go to. Some schools will take your highest scores from each section, and use those for a "super score". You still have to send them all your scores, so they see them, but they only consider the highest ones. That's not all colleges though, some just look at your highest composite score. You could probably find out whether or not the colleges you want to go to do that by looking at their websites, but if you can't find anything, I would just send all your scores and hope they do.
  • Question:-act?????????????
    when you get your scores back is the composite score what you made overall?

    Answer:-The composite score is the average of all of your other scores, so yes it is what you made overall.
  • Question:-What act of civil disobedience could I write a paper about participating in?
    I have to know the law I am protesting against.
    How I am passively resisting and what my methods are.
    Whether or not I am alone in the act or with an organization.
    What could be or are the positive and negative consequences of my action.
    How do others view the act I am committing.
    What are my motives for committing the act.
    What was achieved by the act.
    What was the experience like.


    I really just need a jump start on this paper.
    I have no ideas what to write about,
    or know anything about the laws really.

    Answer:-The healthcare bill is a popular topic, You can say how you would not let the government force you to buy something you dont wanna buy and how if you dont you have to pay up to a 25,000 dollar fine and/or go to jail.
  • Question:-What is the difference in act one or act two in a school play?
    So I'm in a play at school and i need to know what the difference between act one or act two. Please don't post answers like, oh if you don't even know what the difference is then why are you in it? It is very new to me and i need to know the difference between act one or act two. Thanks!

    Answer:-
  • Question:-What are some good acting scripts that I can act to and improve my acting skills?
    I love to act so I try to look for some scripts online to act to. I like ones with romance and a love story or with dramatic scenes and love. Can anybody send me links or stuff to just the scripts and not a site where I have to find one on my own?

    Answer:-west side story. you have accents, forbidden love, emotion, death- it's perfect. i got so into it once i started crying because the character was:)

    http://www.aellea.com/script/westside.txt
  • Question:-How do I act more like my normal self in front of others?
    When Im in front of friends,teachers, and any other person, I act silly and loud. I feel obnoxious but I can't stop it. It just happens. When Im alone, I act quiet and happy. I listen to soft lovesongs from the early 20th century but when Im around other people, I pretend to like rap and pop when I really don't. Why is this and how do I act like my normal self in front of others.

    Answer:-its probably because you dont have a strong understanding of what kind of person you are
    try meditating and camling yourself and control what you do around others
  • Question:-What differentiates the act of simply grouping people from the act of stereotyping? How can stereotyping?
    What differentiates the act of simply grouping people from the act of stereotyping? How can stereotyping effect group relations? Give an example of a stereotype you find in your everyday life. Comment on the experiences of your classmates—are they the same or different from yours, and how?

    Answer:-Grouping implies more of an objective reason for assembling people together. You might place people in a group according to age or race. Those are easily discernable characteristics that can be used to draw group lines. Stereotyping usually involves placing people in a group according to characteristics that they might not possess. More often, stereotyping assigns characteristics to groups according to common assumptions about the groups such as black people like watermelon and fried chicken or Mexicans are sneaky and lazy. Stereotyping can have a great impact on group relations if people judge those in other groups based on stereotypes instead of basing their judgements on the reality they experience with a particular person. For example, let's say that I'm a white kid who likes to play baseball but I don't want to play with my neighbor who also likes to play baseball because he is black and I've heard that black kids don't like white kids and they are all in gangs and kill people. Let's say the black kid next door doesn't want to be my friend because he has heard that all white kids don't like black kids and they burn crosses and hang the black kids if they can catch them. That's stereotyping. Grouping and stereotyping can both be legitimate in some instances. Stereotyping more often is not accurate.
  • Question:-How to get the confidence to act in front of others well?
    I want to act. it's just what I want to do. But how do I build confidence completely and be comfortable acting in front of others? I just want to be able to act with ease, and I want it to come out naturally. Having confidence, character, and eye contact are very important things. How do I build these three things so I can pursue my dream of acting?

    Answer:-With everything there is a start. Usually when you start off, you start off small. Come up with a script. Possibly write your own. You will build confidence from discovering you can write. Then, try talking in front of a pet. Whether they pay attention or not it helps. I did talk to my dog once, (on advice from a friend) and even though it was weird it did work. After the pet, move up to family. Try a sibling. Sometimes parents might not be brutally honest. A sibling usually will unless they don't mind if you look like an @$$. After family try a friend, then try aa classmate or a speach class/public speaking assignments. Pick something at school where you can thrust yourself in the public eye. Maybe run for a school office. (Class President) You will definitely have to speak to classmates. At that point you should be ready to try acting in other venues.
  • Question:-How are you supposed to act around a boyfriend?
    I've had many boyfriends but, they all end. So, it just feels like I don't know how to act around them. I know there is no specific way to act but, how are you supposed to act?
    Like, stuff to talk about, not to have those weird silent moments..Please don't say sports!
    I know you not supposed to "act"...like act in a movie....

    Answer:-Around a boyfriend your not supposed to act. Your supposed to be yourself, the point of having a boyfriend being different than a guy-friend is that you are comfortable around him.

    You talk about anything and everything that comes to your mind. I don't mean to sound very not helpful, but we can't tell you how to act. Around someone as important as a boyfriend, you just talk about anything that comes to mind. What do you talk with with your friends? Inside jokes, gossip, movies, who got with who, etc...

    I act who I really am: around friends I am loud, I can't whisper for my life, and experienced (guy-wise). Around my boyfriend I am shy, I always whisper, and I am clumsy and have no idea what I'm doing. I take risks and try new things. This is why I am experienced when I'm around my friends, but around my boyfriend I'm just as innocent and unknowing as anyone else. I still get really nervous when I know my boyfriend is going to kiss me -- I don't want to mess up! Around friends it's like "been there, done that" and I'm not afraid to talk about kissing guys.

    It'll come naturally =] If there's an awkward silence say "so..." awkwardly then crack up and voila, you guys have an inside joke and a new thing to talk about. I'm not you, therefore I can not tell you what to do, but just relax.

    -Catherine
  • Question:-What is the act that allows police to arrest political protesters?
    I heard there was recently a new law passed under Homeland Security that can basically target any US citizen who expresses disdain for the current Administration. Protesters and the like are labeled as terrorists and apprehended as such. I haven't heard anything on the news about this, but it sounds pretty serious. With the Patriot Act and Military Commissions Act passed under the guise of "protecting freedom" it's really no surprise to me that something like this would happen, but I'd like to verify. If true, we are certainly moving into dangerous waters...

    Answer:-Wow. How little people know about their own government.

    H.R. 1955: Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007:

    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?tab=summary&bill=h110-1955

    Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act Raises Fears of New Government Crackdown on Dissent
    http://www.democracynow.org/2007/11/20/homegrown_terrorism_prevention_act_raises_fears

    Barely any media coverage of this at all. In this bill: “Homegrown terrorism” is vaguely defined as "the planned use, threatened use, of force or violence by a group to intimidate or coerce the government of the United States."
    So some worry that a simple act of civil disobedience, such as blocking the door of a recruitment center in protest, could be considered terrorism.

No comments:

Post a Comment