Thursday, October 20, 2011

collegeboard

  • Question:-How long does it take for collegeboard to send scores to colleges?
    I took the SAT test in may and decided to send my scores this october. I sent my scores to the University of Utah on October 20th. Collegeboard notified me that they sent my scores on october 22nd. The University of Utah has an application tracking system that tells me what i still need to finish. I have done everything that is required, but it still says that my SATs are still needed. It is now November 10th and they still say that they haven't gotten it. Could this be that they don't update their tracking system often or is this normal. Thanks

    Answer:-Contact the CollegeBoard Customer Service and ask them to investigate and if necessary to resend your scores./
  • Question:-How long does it take collegeboard to send scores to colleges?
    I am taking the SAT on October 4th. According to collegeboard, they will have the scores online on October 23rd. The deadline for Hofstra university's early action is November 1st. Will Collegeboard send my scores by the deadline?

    Answer:-I know, I am worried about that too. One of my deadlines is november 1st also. I think we'll be fine because on the applications you need to just type in your scores (which we'll be able to do because we'll see them online) and then the scores become validated once they receive it from college board. As long as your application is in by nov 1 and you told college board to send it (or you can register Hofstra as one of the 4 colleges they let you send to and it will be sent out 1-2 weeks from October 23) you should be fine. Go class of 2009!!!
  • Question:-How do you view the SAT scores you sent to colleges from CollegeBoard?
    I'm pretty sure I sent them all in, but some of my colleges are saying that they are missing. Can I check how many I've sent and to which colleges from CollegeBoard?

    Answer:-it takes a while for the schools to receive or process them, go on collegeboard.com and sign in. click on view scores or send scores and you can check there
  • Question:-Can i send my SAT scores 2 universities without using the collegeboard site?
    Its expensive 2 send scores via collegeboard.It would b really helpful if anybody can help me.

    Answer:-No, universities have an agreement with collegeboard, since its non-profit. They will accept the scores only from the website.
  • Question:-Does collegeboard average your SAT scores or does the college?
    If i take the SAT 4 times, will collegeboard average my score or will the college i submit my scores average the scores?

    Answer:-From what I understand, you can submit just the scores that you want to. However, I believe it is better to submit all your scores because a college would rather see that you've taken the SAT multiple times than just see your highest score. That's my understanding of the matter. Correct me if I'm wrong, people.
  • Question:-Can i start looking for scholarships on Collegeboard as a Junior?
    I am going to be a junior next year (after this summer), and i was wondering when i should start looking for scholarships. On collegeboard.com i found about 100 scholarships that fit my interests. I selected that i was a junior in my educational status. Should i wait a bit longer? Or should i start searching?

    Answer:-Actually now's probably the best time to start looking for scholarships. Not only are there a lot that only juniors are eligible for, but you'll have a lot more time now than your senior year. The only thing is, hopefully you already know where you're going to college and approximately what you're studying, because usually scholarship applications require that kind of information.

    Good luck!
  • Question:-How do I send my SAT reasoning scores by rush delivery on collegeboard?
    My deadline is December 1st and I barley sent my scores in today (11-18). People are telling me Collegeboard takes forever to send your scores to a University, so I want to send them through rush delivery. I can't find the link to rush delivery on collegeboard anywhere.

    Answer:-You can either have your college adviser do it or you can directly contact the college board (go to website and call number and e-mail them) and they will do the best they can do.
  • Question:-How do I send my SAT scores to CSUmentor through collegeboard?
    I'm really stressing out about my sat scores because their due by December and i'm having trouble sending my scores. I sent my sat scores through csumentor by putting in the code 3594. However, on my sent history on collegeboard it says "No score reports have been sent to your selected colleges and/or scholarship programs."

    Answer:-send SAT scores to CSUmentor
  • Question:-How do you send SAT scores to colleges using Collegeboard?
    I am applying to UCs and CSUs:

    -How do i know which colleges to send my scores to?
    -Where do i go to get my fee waiver identification code?
    -Is collegeboard an "additional" score report or a required
    thing?
    -How many colleges can I send my SAT scores to?

    [please no "i dunno/whatever" answers] thanks.

    Answer:-This site will help you: http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/sat/scores/sending.html

    The registration fee covers four schools so choose carefully. You have to pay for more.
  • Question:-What would you do if the CollegeBoard lost part of your AP Exam?
    I took an AP World Exam last May. The CollegeBoard mailed me a letter saying they had lost the Multiple choice part of my exam. They have me three options. One of them is to have a projected grade. My other two options are to retake the Multiple choice or simply cancel the entire thing.

    I definitely don't want to cancel. I'm considering retaking it, but I don't know when I would retake it. If I have to wait until May 2008, I'm pretty sure I won't remember everything and I'm won't have time to study for another AP exam (I plan to take six next year, another one will only stress me out more). However I'm afraid the projected grade will hurt me and some colleges will not accept projected grades.

    Any advice is greatly appreciated.

    Answer:-You would not have to retake the multiple choice in May 2008 if you chose to retake the MC section. You would retake it relatively soon. It might be worth it to call to find out exactly when, though. (I think that it's a good thing that you don't want to cancel. Then all that work is lost, right?) Unfortunately, even if you knew the material very well in May, it's very likely that you've forgotten a lot of it by now. You'd be the best judge of that. The projected score, however, may help you instead of hurt you. Again, you have to consider if you think you did well on the free responses. Weigh the two against each other, and consider which one would get you a higher score. Projecting is always the easier option, but if you really feel that doing that would hurt your grade...

    I guess this is you:
    "Note: On extremely rare occasions, it is possible for a portion or all of an AP Exam to become lost in the shipping and handling process. In such a case, the student is presented with multiple options, which typically include an opportunity to retest using an alternate form of the exam or to cancel the grade and receive a refund. In addition, a projected grade based on the remaining portion(s) may be available for some AP Exams."

No comments:

Post a Comment