Saturday, October 15, 2011

favicon.ico

  • Question:-favicon.ico?
    i tried adding a favicon into my html code on my webpage but it does not appear in my address bar. my site is www.oneplusoneph.org and the following is my html code:
    <head>
    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico">
    </head>

    thanks in advance for your help.
    sorry. i forgot to add that my favicon.ico is saved into my root folder.

    Answer:-It works for me. Try refrshing your browser or clearing your history
  • Question:-How do you use a favicon.ico image with a perl script site?
    How do you use a favicon.ico image with a perl script site? Most of my site is run off a perl script. I uploaded the favicon.ico image to my server. It will show up on a regular html page, but it won't show up on my perl script pages. Can someone help me?

    Answer:-First, make sure the favicon.ico file is in the same directory as your page/script. Then, add the following line code to the region between the <head> and </head> tags:

    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">

    If you're using Perl (with the CGI library), you'd have to do something like this:

    #!/usr/local/bin/perl -w
    use CGI;
    $q = new CGI;
    print $q->header;

    print $q->start_html(-title => 'Test Page',
    -head => $q->Link({-rel => 'shortcut icon',
    -href => 'favicon.ico',
    -type => 'image/x-icon'}));

    print $q->h1('Test Page') . $q->end_html;
  • Question:-trying to create favicon.ico file but get red x when I preview the file in Internet Explorer?
    I'm using Windows Vista. I created a .bmp and also a .png file 16x16 then in explorer renamed them from .bmp / .png to .ico. After renaming when I preview them in Internet Explorer I get a red X. Any suggestions?

    Answer:-You can't just rename file types - a png is not a bmp is not an ico. They're all picture files, but they're all different formats. You have to name the file what it is. (And you have to tell IE where it is - if you give it the wrong location, you get the red X.)
  • Question:-How to put a favicon.ico on your site when you already have the favicon.ico made with a special program?
    Well i just started my first website, and id like to add a favicon.ico to my site. i already have an icon, i made it with a special program, but how can i use it

    Answer:-I think I can help.

    First, do you have your image as a .ico file?
    (Icon extension)?
    Similar to:
    myicon.ico?

    If you do, upload it to your website, or a image hosting site, and add this segment of code into the top of your website, between your header tags. (<head>, </head>)

    <link href="images/favicon.ico" rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" />

    I believe that is what you are looking for.

    Instead of a program, you can try:
    http://www.favicon.cc/

    I always use this site whenever I need to create a favicon.
    Plus, you can upload an image, and it will create a favicon for you.
    Best of all, it is completely free!
    (Sweet!)

    Hope that help!
    -EliteAce
  • Question:-How do you upload a favicon.ico onto your site when your host is Weebly?
    A favicon.ico is that little picture by the address bar.

    Answer:-Paste the HTML code at the top of your main page. If you need to create the code visit a site like this.

    http://www.favicon.co.uk/

    Cheers
  • Question:-What is favicon.ico? it is showing up in the errorlog of my website?
    I was checking my website stats and I went into the error log and and it showed 404 type error several times and the file that was missing was favicon.ico, but I don't have a link to such file and never heard of it, what is it?

    Answer:-Favicon.ico is the standard place for the icon that's shown next to the website's address (and in tabs on Firefox). For Yahoo! Answeres it's a green wordbubble with an asterisk in it.

    Browsers will automatically try to fetch this while loading your site. If, as it sounds, you don't have one your browser will return a 404 or Not Found error to the browser. This isn't really a problem persay, the errors can be ignored.

    If you want to prevent this error, the easiest way is to create a small icon or image and upload it as Favicon.ico onto your server.
  • Question:-I have "favicon.ico" set up nicely, how do you get the bigger "secure page" icons to show?
    I am creating a website, i can set up the html to show the "favicons.ico" etc icon, but how do you go about getting the flashy long ones that i assume are for "safe" pages.... do you need an ssl certificate? or something else? and if you do, does it cost???

    Thanks... top answer for a good answer :D

    Answer:-You need to buy an SSL cerificate, install it on your server, then call your page using httpS instead of http.
    Not very useful, and expensive (each certificate is annually renewable). Unless you make financial transactions, it is pretty much useless.
    Even using payment gateways, you can avoid to use an SSL connection. Just make sure you leave the inputs of credit card details and confidentail infos to the payment gateway. NEVER ask these details on your own, unsecured server.
  • Question:-How to put favicon.ico on Website?
    Hi,this is Manuel Berja,
    Please help me about putting favicon on my website. http://manuel-berja.webs.com/
    there's favicon file and additional script too.but it's not working.
    this is my very first website so i don't know how to fix something like this.
    all suggestion will do.
    -thanks!

    Answer:-I am not sure about web.com and whether they allow you to do a favicon, but here is a site that should help you out how to do it.

    http://www.make-a-favicon.com/

    Hope that helps.
  • Question:-Does anyone know how to add the favicon.ico, the little picture/logo that shows up next to the url in browser?
    our web site is built with Visual Studio 2005 & ASP.NET
    I know it goes into the root directory, but, i need more information. (thanks)

    Answer:-
  • Question:-favicon.ico question--My icon doesnt display when i use www before my page, is there any way to fix this?
    i use godaddy hosting.

    trying to get my icon displayed on navigator bar and on bookmarks

    check it out--

    h ttp://mysite.com OK! icon works!
    www.mysite.com NOT OK! icon doesnt work!
    h ttp://www.mysite.com NOT OK! icon doesnt work!

    is there any way to get my icon to show up for these two ways?

    i am saving my icon as favicon.ico in my root--ftp://mysite.com/


    thanks

    Answer:-I'd suggest using a standard PNG image with 16x16 dimensions as your favicon instead.

    This can be done by putting the following code in the <head> tags.

    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.png">

    Of course you may be able to also use that code to adjust your icon problem. My suggestion is to use the <link> tag as shown and make sure you put the source of the icon as the full URL (h ttp://www.mysite.com/favicon.ico - or whatever you want it to be).

No comments:

Post a Comment