- Question:-Does any sd card work with the canon powershot elph 300 hs?
I want to buy a canon powershot elph 300 hs camera.but I don't know what sd card I should get.I don't want to buy a sd card then It doesent work with the camera.will any sd card work.or do I need a special sd card.
Answer:-No... despite the people that are going to shout at you that you need the fastest lexar or sandisk card anything class 6 will do very nicely.
- Question:-How do you change the color on the Canon Powershot ELPH 300 HS color accent feature?
I just got a new camera. The canon powershot elph 300 hs. there is a feature that lets you keep one color but make everything else black and white. I have no idea how to change the color i want to "accent" and i could not find it in the instructions. PLEASE HELP
Answer:-1) Press the FUNC./SET button
2) Go to the color accent mode and press FUNC./SET again to select it
3) Press the DISP. button
4) Use the box in the center of the screen to choose the color you want and press the left button on the +D pad (as indicated on the screen)
5) When you've selected the color you want, press DISP. again and take the picture
I ran through the steps with my SD1400, yours should be similar, but check your user manual if you need anymore details.
- Question:-is the canon powershot elph 300 hs a good camera for gaming?
i wanna buy the canon powershot elph 300 hs camera because i heard it has 1080p.you think i should buy it for game playthroughs?or leave it alone
Answer:-I have one. You need to read thru the reviews on Amazon as it does have 1080p but there are some limitations you need to know before buying. The reviews at Amazon cover the video function very well.
- Question:-Stitching movie clips together on a Canon Powershot Elph 300 HS?
I have several little movies on my camera that I want to make into one movie. It's a long story, but I have absolutely no editor. How can I do this on my camera, a Canon Powershot elph 300? Thank you.
Answer:-Well then you're out of luck until you do get an editor. You didn't mention what your computer is but I'm on XP and I use a program by Roxio called Creator 10. It's a good editor and goes for about
$120 at retail. No other way to edit - certainly not in any kind of camera.
- Question:-Are the Canon Powershot ELPH 300 HS and the Canon IXUS 220 HS the same camera?
Yes i know they are from the same brand (Canon), but I'm asking if they are the same exact model and for some reason have 2 different names/ are known by 2 different names depending on where they are sold possibly? If anyone knows, please clarify this for me!
Answer:-Yep, the ELPH 300 HS is its name for the North American market, and the IXUS 220 HS is what it's called in Europe.
- Question:-Should I buy the canon powershot ELPH 300 hs or the 500 hs?
I'm interested in buying a nice point and shoot camera. The canon powershot ELPH 300 hs looks good but I'm not sure if I should go for the 500 hs (the newer model with a touchscreen) for a little more money.
P.S. On Amazon, the 300 hs is $200, while the 500 hs is around $260.
Answer:-The 500 hs is not newer, the 100 hs, 300 hs and 500 hs are all this years model. You should go see them in person. The 300 hs is the smallest, both the 100 and 500 are bigger, and if you really want a touch screen, you'll have to get the 500 hs. Otherwise they are slightly different, nothing huge, but the size. And the black model has a rough, sandpaper finish.
- Question:-Is the canon powershot ELPH 300 hs a good camera?
Do the pictures come out right? How is the zoom and over all quality? Are there any other good digital canon cameras? It doesn't matter about price, just quality. :)
- Question:-Can I get my Canon Powershot ELPH 300 HS to take a picture every two hours?
I want to do a time lapse of a rotting apple, but i have to take a picture every 2 hours for about a week. I need to sleep, but I want to do this time lapse. Any suggestions?
Answer:-Yes, I have suggestions:
1) Read your manual - every single word of it. With any luck, your camera can be set to do this.
If not, move onto #
2) Find and purchase an appropriate intervalometer (yup, that is the term you are looking for), for example: http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=intervalometer&_sacat=See-All-Categories
- Question:-Would you recommend getting the Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 HS or the Sony Cyber-shot Digital Camera WX9?
I want a camera that has a better photo and video quality. my hands are small, so size and button functions don't matter. Which camera takes better photo/videos?
Answer:-The Canon ELPH 300 HS definitely produces better quality images than the Sony WX9. Compare them in the link below...
Also, check out the YouTube link below to see people's ELPH 300 HS movies...
p.s. the ELPH 300 HS records Full HD movies (1920x1080) so you will NEED a fast memory card...a Class 10 SDHC card at the VERY least. An 8GB card would be a good minimum capacity. Remember to Format your brand new SDHC card in-camera before you use it the very first time. Formatting your card regularly will keep it in good working order.
So...shoot, then transfer all files to your computer (and back them up) then format the card to delete ALL files from it ready for your next shoot.
- Question:-Which camera is better? Canon Powershot SX130IS or Canon Powershot ELPH 300 HS?
I want to buy a Canon camera and I don't know which one to buy. I like the SX130IS because I see Image quality is better, but, when I ask everyone, they tell me that the ELPH is better. I just want to know your opinion. Please. I need it mainly for pictures.
Answer:-Of course you need it for pictures.. what else would you use it for?
I'm just joshin'. On-topic: Both are nice cameras with good image quality, but the main difference is that the Canon SX130 has manual controls (aperture/shutter priority + manual mode) and a long optical zoom range. The 300 HS, on the other hand, is a bit simpler in the sense that you don't have to worry about those manual controls.
Another thing you might want to take into consideration is the size of the two cameras. The 300 HS is easier to slip into a pocket while the SX130 is a little bulkier.
Stuff like this totally depends on you and your needs, so it would be swell if you check out the specs yourself.
To compare all of the specs, take a look at the link below (ignore the winner and runner-up business at the top and just compare the features you are actually interested in).