Saturday, November 19, 2011

pepper spray

  • Question:-pepper spray?
    where would be the best place to buy pepper spray? I know this is a stupid question, but i have looked in a dozen stores today and i can't find it, and no one i talk to can tell me who would sell it! is there a specific kind of store that sells it? I was thinking maybe a sporting goods store might. I really need it for work (i am sick of carrying around a baseball bat) !

    Answer:-You could try a gun shop.
  • Question:-Pepper Spray?
    Where can I buy Pepper Spray In Orange County, Ca?

    Answer:-this website sells it http://www.aaa-safetyfirst.com
    there's good selection there
  • Question:-Pepper spray?
    What can you as a martial artists do if sprayed with pepper spray in your eyes?

    Answer:-As law enforcement, I can tell you from experience that you CAN see through pepperspray. It hurts like the dickens, but not nearly as bad as getting your butt kicked will hurt. your eyes will naturally start to water, which helps rinse the spray out. If you do not get your eyes open, you will not be able to see which direction the danger is comming from. Grappling works, IF you can get ahold of the other person before you get pounded. I choose to suffer through the burning of the spray.
  • Question:-PEPPER SPRAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
    Is it legal or illegal for a 14 year old to have pepper spray with them when they go to the mall or other places like that? The reason I ask this, is because I wanted to get it for my cousin because I'd feel more safer if she would have some protection with her.
    we live in southern california. We'll be moving to northern california soon.

    Answer:-It is absolutely legal to carry pepper spray and use it to protect your personal safety without having any special state or federal permits. CA laws do regulate the size and/or weight of the defense spray products you can carry and buy. The legal container size must be equal to or below 2.5 ounces of active product.

    To be sure check with your local sherriffs office
  • Question:-What is the difference between pepper spray and mace spray?
    I heard that mace spray makes pepper spray look like Kool Aid. Both are used as nonlethal weapons, but what is the difference between the two?

    Answer:-You have a good link above me, but just to correct a thought here, Mace is the original irritant spray used since the 1930's in police work. OC Pepper is relatively newer and is FAR more powerful than Mace ever was.

    Irritants are rated by SHU's (Scoville Heat Units) which measures the "burning" effect on human skin. A Jalapeno pepper is rated at 7,500 SHU. Mace is rated at 12,000 SHU. OC Pepper ( oil based) is rated at 25,000 SHU. The newest police rated is now Phase IV, which is rated at 2,000,000 SHU ( Two million). Most departments do not use the Phase IV due to the extreme burning it will do to the skin, requiring hospital treatments.

    I hope this helps and you can find it useful
  • Question:-How long does pepper spray burn your eyes for? How badly does it burn?
    I just bought some pepper spray yesterday for self-defense and I was wondering how long it burns for. Just in case I spray an attacker and know how much time I have to run or call the cops.

    Answer:-you will have plenty of time.
    trust me
    it burns.. and if the guy tries to wash it out, it burns again.
    enjoy! :D
  • Question:-How do you make pepper spray with chili?
    i grow Thai Chili Peppers 7th hottest chili and was wondering how could i make pepper spray with them or chili powder.

    Answer:-Here ya go.
    don't use it for nothing but personal defense and seasoning to spice up your food.

    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/889244/make_pepper_spray_homemade_teargas/
  • Question:-Is it illegal to carry pepper spray on a college campus?
    I drive back and forth to college frequently, but the college is in a not so great neighborhood. I'd feel much much safer if I carried pepper spray, since I carry it anywhere else. I know all colleges are different, but is it typically against school policy to carry pepper spray? Or is it illegal? It's in VA if that matters.

    Answer:-Pepper spray is legal in all states but you'd have to check with your college to find out if they have any rules or restrictions against it. If they do, form a group to get it changed. The college should be concerned about the safety of their students. Additionally, some cities, States, municipalities, etc., have restrictions on the strength and/or size that is legal. Check the laws in your area.
  • Question:-How do I get pepper spray out of my woolen jumper?
    I was walking down the street with two friends.
    I crossed the road early and than some kids drove past my friends and pepper sprayed them out the window.
    One couldn't see at all and I had to hold him by the arm and the spray got all over my woolen jumper.

    How do I get it out, please anyone?

    Answer:-I would take it to the cleaners and let the professional clean it, wool can be tricky. Let the cleaners know what it on the jumper, so they will know what to use to clean it.
  • Question:-What is the law concerning having pepper spray in Southern California?
    I would like to have a can of pepper spray for my personal safety, and need to know the law on the issue... I also work security at night and just looking for a little help on the answer... Thanks!

    Answer:-I know that when I've bought it I didn't fill out forms as with a gun. I just bought a few cans. My understanding is that you are simply responsible for damage, just as if you hit someone over the head with a chair. Be certain you have a defense. Self defense, if true, would work.

No comments:

Post a Comment