Saturday, November 19, 2011

sweet potato casserole

  • Question:-Sweet potato casserole with cornflakes and marshmallows, I need the recipe?
    Does anyone have the recipe for Sweet Potato Casserole (Souffle) that has marshmallows and cornflakes in it?

    Answer:-I've never heard of that one!
  • Question:-what goes in sweet potato casserole - heavy cream or buttermilk?
    i want to make sweet potato casserole - which goes in it, heavy cream or buttermilk? how do I add in the marshmellows...I'm a new cook, someone help me! I'm doing this first dish for my family's turkey day dinner. TY
    how much? amount?

    Answer:-I would use heavy cream !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Question:-How do I reheat my sweet potato casserole for tomorrow?
    I'm making a sweet potato casserole tonight to bring to Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. What would be the best way to reheat it? I'm afraid if I put in the oven, it will dry out and my topping may get too browned. I'm scared to use the microwave, for obvious reasons! I'm making this totally from scratch and it's taking me all evening. I really don't want it to be ruined due to reheating method. Any help would be greatly appreciated....Happy Thanksgiving!

    Answer:-Hello! You will have to do this in advance and it will be just as if freshly cooked! :)

    Take it out of the fridge and leave on the counter for an hour or half an hour to bring to room temp, as long as the heat is not running in your house, you don't want it to get ruined. If you must run the heater then leave on the counter only 15 minutes.

    Put in the oven, covered with aluminum foil or wax paper, on 200 or 250 degrees only and warm it up very slowly, for an hour. Check it after 30 minutes to make sure it's going ok. Test temperature, you may have to leave it 15 more min to half hour if you're using 200 degrees. Of course high altitude changes all this, you'll want to give it more time if high alt.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you too!! ♥
  • Question:-A good sweet potato casserole receipe?
    I want a good Sweet Potato Casserole Receipe for Thanksgiving. I want it to have some kind of peacan/brown sugar crumble stuff on top (I'm putting marshmellows on one batch).
    Thanks in advance~!

    Answer:-Here is a great recipe. My kids say it taste more like dessert.
    Sweet Potato Casserole
    INGREDIENTS
    4 1/2 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
    1/2 cup butter, melted
    1/3 cup milk
    1 cup white sugar
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    2 eggs, beaten
    1 cup light brown sugar
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    1/3 cup butter
    1 cup chopped pecans

    DIRECTIONS
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
    In a large bowl, mix together mashed sweet potatoes, 1/2 cup butter, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs. Spread sweet potato mixture into the prepared baking dish. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and flour. Cut in 1/3 cup butter until mixture is crumbly, then stir in pecans. Sprinkle pecan mixture over the sweet potatoes.
    Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
  • Question:-How do you make sweet potato casserole?
    I would like to learn how to make sweet potato casserole. A simple, easy recipe, without pecans, but marsh mellow on top. Please!

    Answer:-Preheat over to 400 degrees

    4 Medium Sweet Potatoes (one per person, unless you have lots of other sides, then 1 for 2 people.
    2-4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, I use 4, unless it's a health conscious day.
    1/4 cup maple syrup
    1 package regular size marshmallows

    Wash and wrap the sweet potatoes in foil, place on a baking sheet covered with foil. The potatoes often leak juices which and be tough to clean.
    Bake sweet potatoes in pre heated oven for an hour or until very soft.
    Remove foil and peel potatoes. They will be hot so be careful.
    Place potatoes in mixer bowl, add butter and maple syrup, beat until smooth.
    Turn potato mixture into a nice casserole dish. You can now refrigerate overnight or continue to bake your casserole.
    If refrigerated, preheat to 350 degrees, and heat casserole until sweet potatoes are hot. Cover top with marshmallows, raise heat to 400 degrees and bake until marshmallow start to melt and take on some color. Watch carefully or they will burn. If you wish to continue baking, just top with marshmallows and bake in the 400 degree oven as above.

    I often add some grated orange peel and juice from the orange. My mom and aunt always used canned sweet potatos, but the baked sweets have much more flavor.
  • Question:-what is the best way to cook sweet potatoes for a sweet potato casserole?
    i'm baking a sweet potato casserole for our christmas dinner and i'm wondering what the best way to cook the potatoes is. i here that if you boil them it takes a lot of the sweetness out of them so if that is true then i need to know how to bake sweet potatoes and for how long and at what temperature. thanks (:

    Answer:-I say boil them; just watch them so they don't get mushy. Peel, & chop into equal sizes; they should boil anywhere from 15 - 25 minutes; just check for doneness with a fork.

    If they dry out with baking; that's gross. Who wants dry sweet potatoes -- sorry about that, but I don't see the point of drying them out.

    Try this recipe for sweet potato puff if you are worried about the sweetness; it's delicious, and devoured every holiday. I give the recipe to everyone who eats it; even those who don't like sweet potatoes. It's a winner!

    Merry Christmas.
  • Question:-How do I make Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows on top?
    I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year and so I went out and bought everything, including fresh sweet potatoes, only to learn that my mother has ALWAYS made her sweet potato casserole with canned sweet potatoes. No one wants something different and every recipe I find on the web that has marshmallows on top also calls for canned. So does any one have an old fashioned recipe that calls for fresh and includes the marshmallows on top???

    Answer:-Bake your potatos until soft. Let them cool down enough to handle -- peel and cut into bite size pieces. Place the pieces in a buttered 13x9 pan, add about 1/2 cup of brown sugar (sprinkle on top of potatos), sprinkle with chopped pecans. Pour bag of marshmallows on top and even out. Bake at 350 until mallows are gooey and brown on top. Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving!
  • Question:-Is it okay to freeze a sweet potato casserole?
    I made a sweet potato casserole (prepared with eggs, milk, butter and sugar) but forgot to put it out at Thanksgiving so I froze it hoping I could use it for Christmas dinner. I don't want to take any chances last minute. Will this taste okay?

    Answer:-Yes, as long as it has no fresh meat inside of it which cold gather salmonella. I always find that re-frozen foods taste a little off but it should be just as tasty
  • Question:-Does anyone know of a recipe for chicken that would be good with a sweet potato casserole as a side?
    My husband loves sweet potato casserole and I want to make it for him, my problem is I don't know what to make as a main dish to go with it. I have chicken breasts and I also have hamburger meat. I'd rather not pare the casserole with anything else that contains potatoes or pasta. Anyone have a recipe to share?

    Answer:-Try this

    Orange Chicken

    Place 4 chicken filets in a casserole dish (crumbed if you like)
    Mix in a jug
    1½ cups of orange juice
    2 tablespoons of vinegar
    1 teaspoon of basil
    Pour over the chicken, then sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
    Cover and cook at 350°f (180°C) less for fan oven (I use 165°C) 1½ hours.
    Baste
  • Question:-Has anyone ever made sweet potato casserole?
    I saw a recipe for Sweet Potato Casserole online recently but when I read the directions/ingredients, it seemed a lot more complicated than it had to be and I needed a food processor (which I don't have) :(

    Any recipes that you don't mind passing down to me? :) Thanks!
    I'm open to suggestions for any similar recipes

    Answer:-This is so so yummy:

    1 1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
    1/4 cup milk
    1 egg, lightly beaten
    2 tablespoons sugar
    2 tablespoons butter, melted
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    TOPPING:
    1/4 cup chopped pecans
    1/4 cup packed brown sugar
    1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
    1 tablespoon butter, melted

    Directions

    1. In a large bow, combine the first eight ingredients. Spoon into a greased 3-cup baking dish. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer inserted near the center reads 160 degrees F.

No comments:

Post a Comment