- Question:-How do I sign up for the 2009 ING New York City Marathon? I went to the website and could only find info on 08?
I want to sign up for 2009 ING New York City Marathon but I am having a hard time getting information for it. I am really interested in it but all the sites direct me to the 2008 NYC marathon and I know its to late for me to run that one. So how can I register for November 09's race?
Answer:-They won't take '09 registrations until after they run the '08 race.
Keep checking the website, I am sure they will post the day that you can begin registering for '09.
- Question:-Have any of you competed in the New York City Marathon?
The NYC Marathon is a running marathon where people from all over the world come to New York City to run in all 5 boroughs of NYC. My grandpa has competed in several of them. He's in his late 70s now and he's still in great shape.
Answer:-No, just Boston.
- Question:-2009 ING New York City Marathon Registration?
I want to register for the 2009 ING New York City Marathon, but I know that there are gonna be a LOT of people who register too, so I want to make sure I get mine in early enough. Does anyone know when the 2009 registration opens? I hope it hasn't already opened and closed.
Answer:-From the research I have done, here is what I discovered. You have to run a couple of marathon's before you can enter the lottery. I hope this rule of thumb changes because I know it was not that like before. And the information for the 2009 marathon will be available on November 15. I will be tuning in as well because I would love to register too.
- Question:-how can i join next years new york city marathon?
i live in new york now, and i've seen the marathon twice,
and it seems like just about anybody is running.
so how come it's still so exclusive?
how can i join?
Answer:-I believe you have to submit a qualifying time when you enter. Atleast that is what you have to do in the Boston Marathon.
- Question:-What is the youngest age to run the New York City Marathon?
Well i know im too young to run the marathon now (im only 14), but what is the youngest age to run it? is it 16 or 18? Also i know about the health risks and stuff, so just give me a simple answer please.
Answer:-You must be 18 or older as of the day of the race in order to run the New York City Marathon.
- Question:-A marathoner ran the 26.2 mile New York City Marathon in 2.1 hrs. Did the runner ever exceed a speed of 9 mile?
A marathoner ran the 26.2 mile New York City Marathon in 2.1 hrs. Did the runner ever
exceed a speed of 9 miles per hour?
i know i have to use the mean value theorem, but how?
can someone please explain this problem?
Answer:-Mean value is 26.2 miles/2.1 hours = 12.5 miles/hr
If the average (mean) speed is higher than 9 mph, then the answer must be yes.
- Question:-A marathoner ran the 26.2 mile new york city marathon in 2.8 hrs. DId the runner ever exceed a speed of 9 mil?
A marathoner ran the 26.2 mile new york city marathon in 2.8 hrs. DId the runner ever exceed a speed of 9 miles per hour?
- Question:-How many of the five boroughs does the New York City marathon run through?
- Question:-How many calories do you burn running the New York City Marathon?
Answer:-It pends on many things like height,weight, structure of the body, size of the legs as compared to the upper part of the body,which are not mentioned here.
- Question:-When is the deadline to enter the new york city marathon if you want to do the charity guarantee option?
I've searched the site, but it doesn't seem to say....
Answer:-All participants have to enter by 11:59pm on May 1st.
Good luck and have fun running!