- Question:-Pecan pie recipe with cream & pecans throughout?
Years ago I had a recipe for pecan pie with pecans throughout the pie NOT just on top. I've lost the recipe & all my older relatives have passed on. All I remember is that it was a basic recipe with bourbon & cream. Please help.
Thanks to everyone who has answered so far, but this recipe calls for cream IN the filling. The nuts are toasted & the filling is poured over them so they don't float to the top. It (the recipe) was also featured in the NY Daily news many, many years ago but they don't archive that far back.
Answer:-PECAN PIE WITH CREAM AND PECANS
1 prepared pie shell, 9-inch, baked
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
1 cup heavy/whipping cream
4 eggs, separated
1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped, toasted*
In a heavy saucepan, cook 1 cup of the sugar and the cream for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Beat egg yolks. Stir about 1/4 of the hot mixture into yolks, then return yolk mixture to pan and continue cooking and stirring another 2 minutes, until thickened and smooth. Remove from heat. Add pecans and pour into pie shell. Make meringue by beating egg whites until stiff. Add remaining 1/2 cup of sugar gradually, beating until glossy. Cover pie with meringue and bake at 325 degrees for about 20 minutes. Cool thoroughly before slicing. This pie is best served the same day. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Question:-Can I please have your pecan pie recipe?
My husband loves pecan pie and the recipe I tried last year turned out runny. Could you also specify if the recipe calls for light or dark syrup. Thank you so much. Happy Thanksgiving!
1 c. Karo dark syrup
1 c. sugar
2 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. pecans
1 (9-inch) frozen deep dish pie crust shell
Preheat oven and cookie sheet to 350 degrees. In large bowl stir in first five ingredients until well blended. Stir in pecans. Pour into frozen pie crust. Bake on cookie sheet 50-55 minutes. Do not over bake. Cool; serves 8.
- Question:-Is there an apple pie or pecan pie recipe that uses agave syrup?
I'm looking for an apple pie or pecan pie recipe that uses agave syrup and does NOT include cornsyrup or high-fructose cornsyrup.
Answer:-Agave Apple Pie
Cup Agave Nectar
Dash of Salt
teaspoon Mexican Vanilla
Mix apples, tapioca, agave nectar and flavor additions with exception of butter in a bowl. Prick bottom Crust. Place in bottom crust. *Place pats of butter over apples and add top crust which has slits cut in it; seal and flute. Brush top crust with agave and sprinkle lightly w/ cinnamon. Bake in Preheated 400 F oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Cover crust edges last 15 minutes with aluminum foil or pie crust covers.
- Question:-How to find the best Pecan Pie recipe? Like award winning?
I don't just want the first award winning that shows up with a quick google search. I'm trying to find the best pecan pie recipe possible. Anyone know?
Answer:-As such things are a personal judgement and are constantly being judged there is no pie that stands out as an outright leader.
It you just look down the page when you google them you will see which of the major contributors claim is their best one.
I can only suggest you make several with different recipes and make your own judgement, but you will only have your own opnion to go by.
As you can see here, http://au.search.yahoo.com/search?p=best%20Pecan%20Pie%20recipe they all claim their is.
- Question:-What is your best pecan pie recipe?
What is your personal best recipe?
Also I have looked online and everything suggests putting toasted nuts on the bottom of the pie, then adding the filling. It's been a loooong time since I've made a pecan pie, but I like the pecans on the top. Do I put those on before or after the pie is cooked.
Answer:-Look up Karo syrup on the Internet. Dark or clear Karo syrup makes the best pecan pies! I have never roasted the nuts! The recipe may be on the bottle.
- Question:-Super easy pecan pie recipe?
My grandmother asked me to make a pecan pie for Thanksgiving. I have never made one. I am not too good in the kitchen, either. I looked online and there are SO many options. Anyone know a recipe that is easy and yummy?
Answer:-If you don't feel comfortable making the pie crust, buy the refrigerated ones - they are quite good.
Southern Pecan Pie
Prep: 35 minutes
Bake: 45 minutes
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup shortening
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
4 to 5 tablespoons cold water
1 cup corn syrup
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup margarine or butter, melted
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons bourbon whiskey
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/2 cups pecan halves
1. For pastry, in a bowl stir together the 1-1/4 cups flour and salt. Cut in shortening until pieces are the size of small peas. Stir in finely chopped pecans. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the water over part of the mixture; gently toss with a fork. Push to side of bowl. Repeat until all is moistened. Form dough into a ball.
2. On a lightly floured surface, flatten dough with your hands. Roll dough from center to edges, forming a circle about 12 inches in diameter. Wrap pastry around a rolling pin. Unroll pastry into a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate, being careful not to stretch pastry. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate; fold under extra pastry. Make a fluted edge. Do not prick pastry.
3. For filling, in a mixing bowl beat eggs lightly with a rotary beater until combined. Stir in corn syrup, sugar, margarine, the 1 tablespoon flour, the bourbon, and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in the pecan halves.
4. Place pastry-lined pie plate on the oven rack. Pour the filling into the pastry-lined pie plate. Cover edge of pie with foil. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil; bake for 20 to 25 minutes more or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool.
5. Serve with whipped cream. Cover and chill to store. Makes 8 servings.
Joyce's Pecan Pie
Prep: 25 minutes
Bake: 35 to 40 minutes
Cool: 2 hours
Stand: 2 hours
1 recipe Lard-Crust Pastry (see recipe below) or your favorite single crust pastry
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup light-colored corn syrup
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups pecan halves
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree F. Prepare and roll out Lard Crust Pastry. Line a 9-inch pie plate with the pastry. Trim; crimp edge as desired.
2. For filling, in a mixing bowl combine eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter, and salt. Mix well. Stir in the pecan halves.*
3. Place the pastry-lined pie plate on the oven rack. Carefully pour the filling into the pastry shell.
4. To prevent over browning, cover edge of the pie with foil. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes more or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate within 2 hours. Serves 8.
*Note: If desired, prepare egg mixture as above, set aside 2 tablespoons of the mixture. Stir 1 cup of the pecans into the egg mixture and pour into prepared pie crust. Add remaining pecans to the reserved egg mixture; toss to coat. Arrange on top of the filling. Bake as above.
Lard-Crust Pastry: In a medium bowl stir together 1 1/4 cups flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in 1/3 cup lard until pieces are pea-size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of cold water over part of the flour mixture; gently toss with a fork. Push moistened dough to the side of the bowl. Repeat moistening flour mixture, using 1 tablespoon of the water at a time, until all the flour mixture is moistened. (You will need about 3 to 4 tablespoons of water.) Form dough into a ball. On a lightly floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten dough. Roll dough from center to edges into a circle about 12 inches in diameter.
- Question:-pecan pie recipe without corn syrup?
I was wondering if there is a way to make pecan pie without corn syrup/ karo syrup? does anyone have a recipe???
Answer:-I like to make pecan pie without corn syrup, because I am allergic to it, this is a recipe I found substituting caramel sauce for the corn syrup:
Caramel Pecan Pie
• 1 9" unbaked pie shell
• 3 eggs
• 2/3 c sugar
• 1/4 c butter, melted
• 1 12-oz. Jar Caramel Topping/Sauce
• 1 1/2 c pecan halves
In mixing bowl, beat eggs slightly with fork. Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
Stir in Caramel Topping/Sauce and butter; mix well.
Stir in pecan halves.
Pour filling into pie shell. Bake in 350ºF oven for 45 minutes or until knife inserted into the center, comes out clean.
Cool thoroughly on rack before serving.
Cover; chill to store. Yield: 8 Servings
- Question:-Does anyone have a great homemade pecan pie recipe.?
Does anyone have a homemade family pecan pie recipe.
Every pecan pie I buy has no flavor or has to much sugar.
Everytime I buy a pie at the store it undercooked or burnt.
The last great piece of pie I had was at a Luby's in central
Texas five years ago.My late grandma could cook anything and I was too young to ask her for her recipe.
So I am going to try a bake a pie this week.
Thanks for your help.
Answer:-TEXAS PECAN PIE
1 c. chopped pecans
3 med. eggs, beaten
1 c. light/dark corn syrup
1/2 c. sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. butter, melted
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shell
Beat eggs. Add syrup, sugar, salt, vanilla and melted butter. Mix well. Place pecans in the bottom of pie shell. Add filling and bake at 350 F. for 50-60 minutes. Pecans will rise to the top and form a custard layer.
Homemade and Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Question:-What is a good pecan pie recipe?
First time making pecan pie what is a good recipe I want to make a regular pie and some mini pies I already have keebler crusts.
- Question:-Does anyone have a pecan (Karo nut) pie recipe that uses dry pudding mix in the fillinng mixture.?
Custard part of pie is very creamy, not at all sticky like the old fashioned Karo and sugar mixtures sometimes are. I thought it was best Pecan Pie I'd ever made, but my recipe disappeared. Help please.
Answer:-Pretty sure this is it!!
1 9" unbaked pie shell
1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla or butterscotch jello instant pudding mix
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup dark karo syrup
1 cup condensed milk, not evaporated
1 egg, well beaten
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees In a large bowl stir together corn syrup and pudding mix. Gradually add condensed milk and pecans. Pour into pie shell. Bake@ 350 degrees for 1 hour.